meme/episteme

My own take on both episteme and meme models is that they leave issues of
agency pretty much out of the picture and thus tend to foster and faciliate
(often unintentionally) profoundly conservative approaches from a conceptual
architecture perspective. Meme theory, for example, is often little more
than another version of transmission theory as propounded by 19th century
folklorists. Episteme theory tends to reproduce many of the problematic
architectures of metonymy and generalization as found in many conceptions of
'race' and 'culture', among others. Your concept of social flux I can't
speak to.

All the best,

Anthony McC