Re: Human Rights

Just to add to that, Asad's fairly recent book _Formations of Secularism_
expands on his discussion of human rights. It is, by the way, a very good
and also challenging book by someone who is deeply informed by Foucault but
does not (at least in this work) make overt use of Foucauldian
concepts/terminology. It also manages to be both timely (in its
illuminating discussion of others call American imperialism) and untimely
(in the Nietzschean sense).
-Nate