noso-politics

I have just finished reading Foucault's essay on 'The Politics of Health
in the Eighteenth Century,' and happened upon the rather interesting term
"noso-politics."

Reading the essay raised a number of interesting questions regarding this
term:

1. Is this the only place where Foucault uses the term â?? I have not seen
it elsewhere?
2. Is it simply a forerunner to his notion of bio-politics â?? the essay was
written in 1976,
the same time at which Foucault introduced the notion of bio-politics?
3. Does it refer specifically to the politics of disease (Greek: â??nososâ??),
whereas bio-politics refers to the politics of health or life?
4. What is its relation to anatamo-politics? Is there a triangle
"anatomy-nosology-biology:"
"individual-family/population-society"?
5. Is noso-politics the medico-politics of police, whereas bio-politics is
the medico-politics
of liberal rationalities of government?
6. Is it the medico-politics of natural history, whereas bio-politics is
the medico-politics
of biology proper?

Just some thoughts â?? Kevin.

--