Re: The Fantasy of Culture

In a message dated 10/27/2004 8:08:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
libraryofsocialscience@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

And again other men step
forward to take their places well knowing what will be their fate
They step forward without knowing their fate. They are fooled, outsmarted,
coerced and manipulated into being murdered.

Sacrifice is the wish to giveover one's life energy (one's blood) in the
name of perpetuating the fantasy of a body politic whose life is more
significant than our own: this omnipotent body will "live on" whereas our small body
will cease to exist.
There is no such wish. The fantasy of immortality is nothing but the
unconscious repression of the cause and effect mechanisms of reality. It is
extreme risk-taking without cognizance that the risk will probably lead to serious
injury or death. That such folly is widespread does not make it a fantasy.
This kind of explanation is similar to announcing one's reason for
reproducing is to be immortal, whereas in fact the person merely wanted to have sex.
Gibbons 'history of the roman empire' explain at almost every turn the demands
of the roman soldiers and their discontent.

Fred Welfare

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---