List migration

Hi all

it seems that of all these responses, everyone is keen to keep the list
going. The only argument is where that should happen, but I think it is
pretty obvious that we should all migrate to the same place since the
usefulness of the list is more-or-less proportional to the number of users.
I want to add my voice to the chorus against Yahoo!. I use Yahoo! groups
myself, but they have drawbacks, notably advertising getting in the way,
which we don't need to suffer since I am pretty convinced we can get space
on some other server. Also, it would mean the archives aren't Google
searchable, which they are at present - i.e. Google searches about issues in
Foucault will yield answers originally posted to this list, which is great,
but will no longer happen if we go to Yahoo!.

Mark Kelly