Re: List migration

> From: "Mark Kelly" <mgekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> > I want to add my voice to the chorus against Yahoo!. I use Yahoo! groups
> > myself, but they have drawbacks, notably advertising getting in the way,
> > which we don't need to suffer since I am pretty convinced we can get space
> > on some other server. Also, it would mean the archives aren't Google
> > searchable, which they are at present - i.e. Google searches about issues
> in
> > Foucault will yield answers originally posted to this list, which is
> great,
> > but will no longer happen if we go to Yahoo!.

Is this really true? I'm already a moderator of a list at Yahoo
Groups devoted to electroacoustic music and the last I checked, Yahoo
Groups' postings from my list turned up on Google searches. In any
case the entire archives would always be available at the Yahoo Groups
site. As for the ads, they typically appear in banner form at the
bottom of the messages. If you don't scroll down to far, they're
easily avoided.