Foucault list submerging - PLEASE READ

Dear All,

The administrators of foucault.info have asked me to close the Virginia list
earlier than originally planned, because they need more time to prepare the
re-emergence of the list at their end. I am going to close the Virginia
list right now. The new list is anticipated to become fully operational
on Monday, at which time you should receive a "Welcome" post from the new
location. If you don't receive such a post on Monday, please check

http://www.foucault.info

which will (once the list becomes operational) list the most recent 10 posts
to the list - this way you will be able to tell if the "Welcome" message was
posted but you have not received it. Should this happen, please check your
mail filters to see whether you are not inadvertently dissallowing messages
from the new list.

The address of the new list will be

foucault-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The list info and subscriber interface will be at