Re: [Foucault-L] source needed for quote

Dear Nancy

It is very unlikely that this is a quotation from Foucault. It doesn't sound like his style at all.

We are having a hard time finding the source for a Foucault quote for a
faculty member here. I thought perhaps someone on this list could
help.

The quote:
"Weibliches Toeten ist ein Schritt aus der weiblichen
Sprachlosigkeit. Es heisst nicht anders als: Ich spreche. Jetzt
spreche
ich."

Translated approx: female killing is a step out of female
voicelessness. it is nothing other than: I speak. Now I speak."

I look forward to your responses!

In advance, thank you for your help.
Nancy

--