Re: [Foucault-L] Introduction - Yvonne Liu

See:

About the concept of the ?dangerous individual? in
nineteenth century legal psychiatry. International
Journal of Law and Psychiatry, 1: 1-18 (1979).

'A history of insanity in the classical age' also
contains a chapter on deviancy previously omitted from
'madness and civilization'.

Furthermore, I would recommend 'the birth of the
clinic' (in relation to the mutual dependency of the
mutually exclusive concepts of 'health' and
'normality', on the one hand, and 'disease' and
'pathology', on the other).

If you would like to cast your net more broadly- and
extend it beyond the range of Foucaults oevour- let me
know and I will hunt down some references for material
which looks at the types and forms of connexions which
may be legitimately established between health and
pathology (but i would simply orientate you towards
primary histiographical material in the 'domains' of
medicine and justice where these two concepts play a
determining role, particually at the points where
these two fields of thought and action intersect).