From: SAM G TAYLOR <taylorsam35@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: foucault-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:27:53 -0600
Subject: [Foucault-L] Introduction-Sam Taylor

Hello!

I'm a senior at Utah Valley State College finishing my last semester. I became
interested in Foucault last year in a class dedicated to his works. I'm
currently writing a senior thesis that examines Foucault's enigma of revolution
and its relation to subjectivity and freedom. Ultimately, I compare these ideas
with Kant's prohibition against revolution, his ideas concerning subjectivity
and freedom. I'm currently working on their difference conceptions of the State
and how the individual is constituted in relation to the State.

I joined this list to look at Foucault in fresh and intersting ways.

Thanks, I hope to read many interesting conversations.

Sam Taylor