[Foucault-L] Pathologies of Power

In "the Subject and Power", Foucault writes about pathologies of
power, specifically Stalinism and Nazism I believe.

These two pathological forms of power seems characterized by their
excess, their size and their totalitarian natures.

This made me wonder, are there other pathologies of power. What do you
think would constitute a pathological form of power? Could it be that
certain forms of power and power relations can be characterized as
pathological? Could their be a realm of analysis that identifies these
pathological forms?

When I read Panopticism for the first time, I was struck by the utter
paranoia it could create. Could some cases of paranoia be effects of
power? I've heard some paranoid cases worried that people are
constantly watching them, could this be caused by excess of power or at
least caused by a specific power relation?

I'm not really sure how to word this question, it is more of a thought
I've had for a while. I'd love to hear any response.

Thanks!
Sam

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Pathologies of Power