[Foucault-L] Ian Hacking on Madness and OT

Some of you may be interested to know that Ian Hacking recently gave a lecture at Columbia University's Heyman Center entitled "The Order of Things, 40 years later." As it turned out, the lecture was actually more about Madness and Civilization.

The text of the lecture can be downloaded here:

http://www.heymancenter.org/events.php?id=12

The transcript seems to end prematurely, however, and he does not seem to finish making whatever point he was going for. But perhaps I merely failed to get it.

If anyone has any insights, I'd be glad to hear them.

-Nate