To: <foucault-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:00 AM
Subject: [Foucault-L] Foucault films

Hello again,

Two postings in as many days...Apologies to anyone who is already tired of
my questions!

At the moment, I'm looking for some information about the film version of
the dossier 'I, Pierre Riviere, having slaughtered my mother, sister, and my
brother...' published by Foucault and friends in 1975. To my knowledge,
there exist two film versions: René Allio's 'Moi, Pierre Rivière, ayant
égorgé ma mère, ma soeur et mon frère...' and Christine Lipinska's 'Je suis
Pierre Rivière'. I came across a reference to one of the films in Alan
Sheridan's book on Foucault ('The Will to Truth', p.134) that suggested that
Foucault himself played a part in the movie - as a judge! So basically, I
wanted to ask if anyone had seen either movie and could confirm in which
version Foucault appears. This story seems almost too good to be true.

Thanks a lot - I'm grateful for any help on this matter.

Cheers,
Nick