Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault films

Hello, Nick.

At the moment, I'm looking for some information about the film version of
the dossier 'I, Pierre Riviere, having slaughtered my mother, sister, and my
brother...' published by Foucault and friends in 1975.

According to my copy, it was published in 1973 first. September 1973, in fact, according to Defert's chronology in Dits et écrits.

(The seminar accompanying Foucault's 1972-1973 course at the Collège de France iself having served as a preparation for this very publication.)

I came across a reference to one of the films in Alan
Sheridan's book on Foucault ('The Will to Truth', p.134) that suggested that
Foucault himself played a part in the movie - as a judge! So basically, I
wanted to ask if anyone had seen either movie and could confirm in which
version Foucault appears. This story seems almost too good to be true.

Foucault did play a part in Allio's movie (and, yes, that was a judge), but the scene never made it out of the edit room : apparently, Foucault's perfomance was dead-on, but Allio's one (cause, yeah, he too had a part in that very scene), well, it wasn't as satisfactory, at least to his own eyes. (My source : the testimony given by one of Allio's assistants in a radio show hosted by Arlette Farge.)

Regards,

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel Péhau

Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version beta.
Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault films
    • From: Anton Tantner