From: foucault-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of David Morris
Sent: Wed 4/5/2006 11:56 AM
To: Mailing-list
Subject: Re: [Foucault-L] Williams S. Bourroughs and Foucault

I'm only just beginning to realize how fortunate I was to have been introduced to Burroughs at a very young age. He's increasingly recognized as a true visionary, and I can see him truly becoming an academic hot topic in the next few years.

There's a collection I can tentatively recommend called "Burroughs and Globalization." I forget the editors. I read a good bit of it and found it interesting, but it's really just a start in coming to terms with exactly how much and how clearly Burroughs saw of the workings of power.

I can strongly recommend "Cities of the Red Night," one of Burroughs' most accessible novels, published in the early eighties. It's probabably at least as prescient as Naked Lunch.

<<winmail.dat>>