Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault Graduate Studies Recommendations

At one university anyway, in London here, it seems that the potential student must make a connection with his or her potential PhD supervisor. And if that superviosr sees the research proposal as worthy, then the student can apply.

Sue McPherson
----- Original Message -----
From: Sue McPherson
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault Graduate Studies Recommendations

And that raises the question of how one does choose a grad school. Is the reputation of the university, the expertise of individual faculty members, or does it depend on a personal connection being made. If Tom Carmichael is as good as you suggest he must many young people doing their utmost to have the chance of working under him.

Sue McPherson