Re: [Foucault-L] request for moderation

First of all I would like to thank the administrator of this list for all the stirling work of moderation since the list moved to foucault.info.

Without making any reference to recent posts, I personally favour the first position outlined by the administrator. Although this sometimes means way out posts - I like the risk of unregulated discussion. The delete button is not hard to use. Anybody out there remember the early feral days of the net? I regret that many email lists have become a lot more sanitised since those early experimental days.

There are two positions:
1. The list is able to auto-regulate itself, list members should not be policed or censured, freedom of speech, mirror of the diversity of real life manners and discourses, better more messages than long silence,
just hit the "delete" button or unsubscribe, etc.

Clare
Clare O'Farrell
email: c.ofarrell@xxxxxxxxxx
website: http://www.michel-foucault.com