Re: [Foucault-L] Sociology Article

Dear Peter,

I found the article fascinating and responded to it from a spatial perspective in the following article:

Legg, S (2005) "Foucault's Population Geographies: Classifications, Biopolitics and Governmental Spaces" Population, Space and Place 11(3)137-156

The forthcoming Security, Territory, Population have a lot more to say about the emergence of population as an object of knowledge, with especially interesting comments on the concepts of multiplicity, civil society, milieus etc

Steve

Peter Winston Fettner <pfettner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Folks:

Hello, I hope everyone's well. Just found this by accident
and was reminded of a discussion we were having about
Foucault's relationship to sociology:

Bruce Curtis, "Foucault on Governmentality and Population:
The Impossible Discovery"
Canadian Journal of Sociology 27, 4 (Fall 2002): 505-533

http://www.cjsonline.ca/articles/foucault.html

I haven't read it yet, but I will and I'd like to hear other
people's comments.

Pete

Peter Winston Fettner
Department of Philosophy,