De: Glen Fuller <gfuller1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Enviado: martes, 23 de enero, 2007 5:15:00
Asunto: Re: [Foucault-L] DE 234 article?

Adriano,

I thank you for your reply. It is very useful indeed. He says somewhere else
that he is not a philosopher (page 249 of the Ethics edited collection, I
think. bad notes, sorry!!). Very odd. I wonder if this is Foucault being
bashful under the burden of anticipated critique?

By "nietzschean thinker" do you mean in respect to his historical
methodology as a "genealogical descent" or with regards to time (event vs
eternity) do you mean a thinker of the untimely? I guess that is asking
almost the same question twice...

What is remarkable is the use of 'scene' in the title of the piece. It is
only superficial of course and entirely coincidental, but half my
dissertation is organised around thinking about an event-based conception of
the "scene" within a particular strand of popular culture. More in the
concrescent sense of an event than in the discontinuous (structuralist)
sense. I use it as a hinge to mediate between the historical events (in
Foucault's sense of eventalization) and the contemporary present day sense
of the scene (within which I insinuated myself through fieldwork).

Ciao,
glen.