Re: [Foucault-L] Reading Foucault

Hi Nicole, and welcome...

Much to my chagrin, I cannot read French, but my suggestion to you would be to read it in French and have English translations at hand for when you come into difficulties.

I would also suggest reading Foucault chronologically starting with Historie de la folie (History of Madness), or maybe even Maladie mentale et personnalité and then Maladie mentale et psychologie, precisely so that you can follow both the developments and the continuity of his thought.

Just my two pennorth worth , but it’s what I would do if I was to start again.

Regards,
Kevin.