From: "Todd Callais" <callaist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent 9/29/2008 5:42:27 AM
To: "Mailing-list" <foucault-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Foucault-L] Undergraduate Foucault Course?Colleagues,
Recently, I was granted permission to teach an honors undergraduate seminar
on Foucault's work at Denison University. I am a sociologist but I hope that
the course will draw students from history, philosophy and political
science.
I am writing because I have not been able to find syllabi or course
descriptions for any courses dedicated to the work of Michel Foucault at the
graduate or undergraduate level. While the course will be my design I
typically enjoy seeing what others have done for guidance.
I was wondering whether anyone had syllabi or partial syllabi they would
feel comfortable sharing or suggestions on places that I could look for
graduate or undergraduate courses on Foucault. Also, if anyone has found a
reader that they find especially helpful for relaying the work of Foucault
to undergraduates I would appreciate that greatly as well.
Because of the specific nature of this request, feel free to email me
directly at tcallais@xxxxxxxxx .
thanks in advance for any help,
Todd M. Callais
Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Denison University