Re: [Foucault-L] Yes to the Order of Things!

I can see what you're saying but I would think that Foucault intends
archaeology to have a Nietzschean goal that supersedes that of traditional
goals of the human/social sciences, while also achieving an alternate
historiography of them as well thus why, to me, he invokes Nietzsche while
working at an archaeological level . But that's just me.

As for your last question, what do you mean detached approach? Are you
saying Foucault did adopt a detached approach or did not?