Re: [Foucault-L] Info on foucauldian research in France

This is an interesting problem.

You would perhaps be best to speak to someone in France about it. I'm not sure that there are people in France who spend their whole lives studying Foucault - perhaps he's just not that exotic to them? Pierre Macherey for example has written important essays Foucault, but his main interest is in Spinoza, and he seems to have written at least as much on Canguilhem (who I believe supervised both him and Foucault) as on Foucault. He is retired now but maybe someone at his university (Lille III) is also working on Foucault. If you are comfortable speaking and writing in French you might try there. I know of at least two people from English-speaking countries who studied there with him in the 1990s.

Here's his website: http://stl.recherche.univ-lille3.fr/ sitespersonnels/macherey/accueilmacherey.html