From: Paul Taborsky <pdtaborsky@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Foucault-L] Jules Vuillemin
To: foucault-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 9:28 AM

I have been reading Jules Vuillemin's 'L'Heritage Kantienne et la revolution copernicienne: Fichte - Cohen - Heidegger', (1954), and it is obvious that a great deal of Foucault's ideas about the post-Kantian epistemological framework must have been influenced by this work. Yet nowhere do I recall Foucault acknowledging his influence. Is Vuillemin's influence on Foucault well known? If not, it certainly should be, for it strikes me that, at least for his early, 'archaeological' work, this book is as least as important as, if not more important than, the other usual sources of influence that are often cited, such as Canguilhem.

Paul Taborsky, Zheng Li Shiji Dasha, Suite 1106, 199 Laodong Xilu, Changsha, Hunan, 410002 China.

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca