Re: [Foucault-L] Foucaultian dictum

Dear Chetan,

I think his last word is his best considered one.

His quest for knowledge about the subject is the most important eventually for him.

Doug

-----
Douglas Olena
doug@xxxxxxxxx
http://olena.com/wordpress1
417-887-0332
-----

On Nov 9, 2009, at 8:55 PM, Chetan Vemuri wrote:

Personally, I don't think there really is anything such as a
"Foucauldian dictum", though there can be various "dictums" (that
sentence from AK being one of them).
I don't think there is really one singularly powerful sentence of his
that sums up his entire work. Unless if you count "all of my work has
been about the subject" or some such thing he said. But that was more
reflective really. He also said "all of my work has been about power
relations" 10 years earlier too.