Re: [Foucault-L] foucault and "human nature"

Or, put another way, the very envirnment in which we live and that, in fact, makes life possible, is also what enables death.

For example, oxygen, which is what makes life on this planet possible, is also poisonous to us, the more we breath, and the more our skin and our bodies are in cantact with it, the more it kills us.

Or, put another way, the fact the we move around our environment, and move thing relative to ourselves within that environment, litterally wears us out. But in order to live with and in this environment, we have to move and move things. So, what enables life also makes possible death.

Thus, the functioning that makes life possible - i.e. the general, everyday, and necessary processes of life - by wearing matter (i.e. our bodies) out, makes death possible .

I think it is important here to avoid any vitalist notion of life; by life I take Foucault to simply mean concrete, everyday existence.

Regards,
Kevin.