Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, intelligibility, social movements

Hi Nick,

You might want to have a look at the book 'Foucault and the Iranian Revolution' (2005) by J. Afary and K. Andersen (http://www.press.uchicago.edu/presssite/metadata.epl?mode=synopsis&bookkey=3534878). The book discusses Foucault's interest in the Islamist movement in the late 1970s, about which he wrote a number of newspaper articles during this time. In terms of social movements, I think this whole area is quite promising for anyone interested in Foucault's views on political action.

I hope that helps.

All the best,

Nick