Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault v. Web 2.0

Given when he died I imagine there wasn't much to say.

Back in 1984 people were still getting excited over the new AT MS-DOS machines with two 5.25" floppy disks and even in 1987 I was informed in hushed tones as a new employee about the amazing 20MB hard drive that the big insurance company I worked for had installed and which they were hoping to eventually scan and store all of the insurance policies on! Even in 1994 the internet was a huge deal and only a few people I knew had access to it, generally academics using university infrastructure. I didn't know any undergrad students who had used it.

Back in 1984 it was people posting modem addresses in magazines and communicating one-to-one as far as I can remember.

So no I wouldn't expect anything in Foucault's work itself, but I'd be interested to see what people have done with his work since to discuss the matter