Re: [Foucault-L] F's intro to K's anthro

Hi James,

have you read it? It's been online for many years now.
http://www.generation-online.org/p/fpfoucault1.htm
Foucault also makes an explicit connection in the entry he wrote under the
pseudonym Maurice Florence to the Dictionnaire des Philosophes on himself,
which begins like this: 'To the extent that Foucault fits into the
philosophical tradition, it is in the critical tradition of Kant, and his
project could be called a critical history of thought' (p. 457 of Michel
Foucault Essential volume 2 Aesthetics).
My comments on your questions are online, but in short I'd add that crucial
to this particular work is not only the ethical and political issue of what
man makes of himself, but also a clear stance against transcendentalism in
all its forms and for a peculiar epistemological pragmatics.

Enjoy it,

Arianna