Re: [Foucault-L] F's intro to K's anthro

Arianna, I have read it, yes. It is rather dense, but I found
Beatrice Han's book (and essays) very helpful. I'm still not sure how
much the problems he identifies there carry his own work. For
example, his conclusion to The Order of Things seems to put his
analysis of Kant to work in a Nietzsche frame, and it seems that
without Kant's anthropology this would not have been possible. Even
though later on he rejects the book, I wonder how much the "place of
man" remains throughout his corpus, if only as an empty space. An
empty space, moreover, than disperses itself and will have nothing to
do with the "last instance" (Althusser).

And Arianna, I will read you essay on F's Introduction, but until
then, is he Kantian simply by virtue of his use of a prioris, or is it
the specific way in which he problematizes the appearance of the
transcendental in the empirical? Is Foucault working out the Kantian
aporia of inner sense, or leaving it behind?

james