Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory

*The* place to look right now is probably /A Thing of This World/ by Lee
Braver. It is an analytic attempt to reconstruct the history of continental
philosophy.

I would imagine that Hacking would likely have something a propos, though.

I also know that there is a grad student at Chicago working on Foucault and
Brandom.

The shortest answer though is that correspondence vs. coherence is the wrong
set of terms. Most will place Foucault as a neo-Kantian of some sort, and
Kantian positions are attempts precisely to sidestep this dilemma. See Marc
Djaballah's book on Foucault and Kant.

In a pinch, though, if you *have* to answer in those terms, go with
"coherence theory".

--
Adam E. Leeds
Ph.D. Candidate

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory