Re: [Foucault-L] looking for a reference: Hacking, I. (1982). Biopower and the avalanche of printed numbers. Humanities in Society, 5, 279-295.

You may be right. I haven't read Taming of Chance in a while but I
remember it as more of a genealogy/study of a scientific-mathematical
concept and it's socio-political implications, in the spirit of
Foucault rather than a commentary on Foucault and biopower. I
recommended Rewriting the Soul for an direct discussion. But yes,
Taming of Chance is important, especially for an interest in
governmentality. And yes, it is represented by a brief essay/excerpt
in The Foucault Effect: How to Do a History of Statistics.