Re: [Foucault-L] The Concept of Subjectification/Subjectivization/Subjectivation

Hi Michael

Quite a bit has been done on this in relation to Butler and Althusser. Won Choi has published some stuff on this, relating their works on this to those of Lacan.

His PhD thesis is available free online under ecommons. http://ecommons.luc.edu/luc_diss/297/

He has also published revised versions of chapters in Rethinking Marxism and Decalages.

Pierre Macherey has also written stuff on this, translations of which have been published in the same journals.

See http://scholar.oxy.edu/decalages/vol1/iss2/

Warren Montag's book on Althusser (Palgrave, 2003) and his essay on Althusser and Foucault (Yale French Studies, 1995) are also important for the Althusser-Foucault connection.

Best of luck with it.

DM