Re: Normalization and Control

> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 12:57:36 -0400 (EDT)
> From: DAN SCHUBERT <S-SCHUBERT@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: Normalization and Control

> Foucauldians,
>
> My original point about a difference between control and
> normalization stems from my background in sociology. In the
> sociology of deviance literature there is much work on the
> relationship btw forms of deviance and the social control of these
> forms of deviance.
> Dan

Having no background at all in sociology, I would like to ask you to
indicate 3 or 4 works that take the slant you refer to above. My field is
French literature (16th century, at that), so I would prefer to read works
that don't call for a solid grounding in jargon. Is that asking too much?

Thanks,

Bob

* Robert F. Jones * Internet : rfj5030@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx *
* TTU - Box 5061 * Phone : 615-372-3419 *
* Cookeville, TN 38505 * *