Re: Glasgow, CNN, and the panopticon

Yes, I'd like to add to Jeffrey Steele's comment that many corporate
environments employ strategic cubicle arrangement so that, say, your boss
sits directly behind you (as in my case right now!)

To point out the obvious, corporate management strategies are often the
perfect example of the insidiousness and sublety of modern day control
efforts.

Invasion of privacy is often used as a way of "personalizing" management.

How many have seen the repurcussions of not going to business luncheons or
dinners, for example?! Or not spending more than 40 hours per week on work
related activities while on a business trip?

It takes an enormous effort to retain any sense of self under these
conditions.

Bob Harrison
computer programmer
Johnson Controls, Inc. (for now)