RE: introduction

Actually, for a really penetrating review of Rorty's CONTINGENCY, IRONY AND
SOLIDARITY, take a look at a review symposium published in HISTORY AND THE
HUMAN SCIENCES (one of the 1991 issues, I think). It contains about five
reviews which attack Rorty from a number of traditions (plus one who's nice
enough to defend the work). Bill Connolly has, I think, a really good piece
in this which does a lot to show how Rorty "misses the point", "gets it
wrong", whatever kind or not-so-kind way you want to phrase it, with respect
to Foucault and 'postmodernism' more generally. He also has a lot to say
attitude.

Nathan
widder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx