Re: Re[6]: useful and docile bodies

Sorry I forgot to add in my lats message:
The interview with Trambodari (which dates from 1978
but was published first in 1980 in Italian in Il Contributo)
"Remarks on Marx" does not contain much about the Marx-Foucault
connection (perhaps mostly indirectly, through Foucault's
remarks on the relationship between his work and those of the
Frankfurt School philosophers, and some remarks on FCP).
The same interview appeared in Vol. IV of the Dits et Ecrits
(the French edition of the complete published material by
Foucault other than his books), pp. 41-95. In fact the original
title is "Conversatione con Michel Foucault". I think the title
"Remarks on Marx" is mostly commercial. Remember Semiotexte had
published Guattari and Negri's "Nouveaux espaces de liberte"
(new spaces of freedom) as "Communists like us"!
Anyway, you should be able to get a copy of the book by writing to
Sylvere Lotringer, Dept. of French Lit., Columbia University.
One last thing, semiotexte published a much more useful collection of
interviews with Foucault under the title "Foucault Live" although
the translations are not always reliable.

Ferda Keskin
Bosphorus University