Re: on the "actual past"

I used to work in Congress, and while there I became familiar with a
"newspaper" called The Spotlight, which is published by The Liberty Foundation (or
something like that). It was apparant by the persistent fullness of its vending box
near the metro that it sold horribly.

The newspaper is the source for many of the stories popular in the John Birch
Society and Militia circles--the ones about the black helicopters surveilling the
country, about how the the membership of the Council on Foreign Relations is conspiring
to create a one-government world (the myriad evils of which vary slightly from group to
group), and about the role in this plan of, you know, the Jews. (I don't mean to offend
anyone with my tone here.)

I doesn't take a philosopher or even a rocket scientist to figure out that the
people who publish, write, and edit this rag are looney. Their views, like those of
Neo-Nazis, are derived from hate and paranoia. The phenomena of the world are subsumed
for them under these compulsions, which conjure up the details and meaning of their
world.

And, equally importantly, every story they print is either a highly tenuous
interpretation of current events or a blatant fabrication (gotta keep that paranoia
flowin' in the viens of our people!).

This is a story without a moral. I'm just the sharing type.

Nicholas Dronen
Carpe Ya-ya.