Re: 'Actual past'

There is very little one can say to a reply that makes the grossly
materially wrong assertion that:

>and the rejection of meaning in favour of being, is the pillar of logical
positivism.

My comments about philosophical geography gain illumination here. 'Meaning
is the method of verification' (Schlick, 1959) ring any bells.

Ergo, if the cap fits!

>I am amazed too, and I think it is a part of a strategy of avoidance. "We
know how to treat linguistic idealists.
>That's easy. Post-modernism is linguistic Idealism. Ergo: We know how to
deal with Post-modernism'.

Deal with what, by the way? What is this thing you call postmodernism?

>The return of repressed/ing Humanism: You really believe that social
theorists will improve their politics if
>their knowledge is improved?

Yes absolutely, should I be embrassed about this? But what do YOU mean by
humanism?

Thanks, for the laugh.

Colin Wight
Department of International Politics