Re: APOLOGIES

Well, for the record, karl, Darlene should be credited with the
"rudeness should always be met with silence" line. Wish I could take the
credit you keep trying to give me for that, but I can't. 'Tis hers.

ANYWAY...On a totally different subject, listers, I have a request. I'm
teaching a grad seminar in feminist rhetorical theory with a focus on
ecriture feminine in the fall. This course, among other things, will
examine the ways in which ecriture feminine challenges both traditional
and feminist assumptions about language and representation by pointing
up the seductive force of a nonlinear writing, a writing that doesn't
re/present so much as it *sets one in motion.* My main objective is to
introduce students to, a la Kristeva, "desire/revolution in language,"
or, a la Foucault, "the language of terror." I had planned to require
Foucault's "Language to Infinity" and perhaps his "Nietzsche, Freud, and
Marx." But before I type it in, does anyone have another suggestion
that might be better? This course is going to have the reading list from
hell already, but I want to select at least one Foucauldian article or
chapter on language and re/presentation. Preferably something on the
language of "the mad philosopher."

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

ddd
--

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
D D