Re: Shyness And Humility

Thomas E. Bedwell wrote,

> I am currently locked in a twisted struggle to reconcile
>Wittgensteinian themes with poststructuralism.

Do you really think that they need much reconciliation? As one who
has spent quite a lot of time on Wittgenstein (more on the early then
the late, though), and not as much as I'd like on Foucault et al,
they seem to be saying much the same thing, although in a different
way. When I read the so-called pomo thinkers, I cannot help but
think that what they are doing (especially Buttler) is taking the
type of thinking that Wittgenstein would did to its logical
conclusions, applying it as it were. What do you think?
Yours,
M. Lister
Philosophy _student_
Boise State University