Re: A final note on Karl Carlile

> Flannon
Thanks for taking care of Karl. I do not consider that
as censorship, but getting rid of a disruptive factor. There are
many different approaches to living and thinking represented by the
people who are active on this list...but as long as people are
discussing the issues without bullying those who respond to him or don't,
disagreement is welcome, I think. Otherewise we learn nothing.
I think your approach to moderating the list has worked well...a person
can not express herself freely if she has to be worrying constantly about
stepping on someone's toes...but stepping on toes just for the fun of it
is quite another thing. I empathize with your reluctance to take action
and encourage it, in fact, but in this instance, there didn't seem to be
any other solution.

Well done...and thanks for giving us back our forum.> >

Darlene Sybert
http//www.missouri.edu/~engds/index.html
English Department-Tate Hall, Rm 6
University of Missouri, Columbia
TuTh 12:30-2:30 or by appointment
Love is like understanding, that grow bright
Gazing on many truths -P.B. Shelley