Re: pierre bourdieu

On Mon, Jul 8, 1996 1:15:06 AM, haim wrote:

>i'm looking for a sumerry of "the logic of practice" by bourdieu.
>if some body got it and is willing to give i will be most gratfull
>thank you in advance

>Contributions: bourdieu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Commands: majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Requests: bourdieu-approval@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Haim:

I've been working with Logic of Practice for a while, so perhaps we can
trade questions. What specifically do you have questions about?
I've been looking at the chapter on "Belief and the Body", and trying to
read B's theory of the body (a bodily hexis as a political mythology)
against Foucault's understanding of the regulated body of discipline and
punish. So far, I haven't gotten very far (full time jobs eat away at
scholarly projects).

sb