Re[2]: The Nat. of Pow. & Stalinism

I agree with Steve, and I'm glad that someone on this list
can make the absolutely essential distinction between
Marxism and Marx himself. How often, after all, does
Focuault refer to Stalin and Mao? How often, on hte other
hand, does he specifically refer to Marx? One can look, as
I am currently doing, at teh bulk of his writings through
the early 80s as a further development of Marxian themes.

"And while there are some very interesting things about the
body in Marx's writings, Marxism considered as an historical
reality has had a terrible tendency to occlude the question
of hte body." (P/K, 58/9)

"But I quote Marx without saying so, without quoatation
marks, and because people are incapable of recognizing
Marx's texts I am thought to be someone who doesn't quote
Marx. when a physicist writes a work of physics, does he
feel it necessary to quote Newton and Einstein?" (P/K, 52)

Joe C.