Re: why do we not kill?

In a message dated 97-04-18 13:43:13 EDT, lobster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mitchell
wilson) writes:

<< yuor message is cryptic(but i'm sure that you know this.) my point is
>that if killing one another were our nature, then each of us would want
>to kill on a regular basis. >>

are you saying that if something is in "our nature," social influences don't
have an effect on it? Might it be that those who do kill are closer to human
nature than those of us who follow the social rule to not kill?
john
solipsist9@xxxxxxx

p.s. just because killing is our nature, it doesn't follow that each of us
would kill or want to kill regularly. why is it that our natural sexual
desires or drives are controllable but one that tells us to not kill is not?
it could be that we are, by nature, designed to kill but have "learned" to
control this instinct.