For Beginners: Reading & Discussion Schedule

?FOR BEGINNERS? READING LIST.

1. Language, Counter Memory, Practice, first essay
on ?Transgression? and ?The Limit.? (Start ?For Beginners? posting
on May 17.)
-- Suggested by Steve

2. History of Sexuality vol. 1 (focus on pp. 1-49). (Start ?For
Beginners? posting on May 24)
-- Suggested by Blaine

3. The Archaeology of Knowledge, Part III, focusing on Ch. 2, ?The
Ennunciative Function.? (Start for Beginners posting on May 31st.) --
Suggested by Gloria

By establishing dates to begin a discussion, we allow time to read,
reread, and formulate questions and comments. (Also, it migt allow for
exploring relationships among specific writings)).

To clarify my tentative distinction between ?advanced Foucault scholars?
and ?beginners,? I simply mean those who choose to participate as
?beginners.? Based on reading this list for a few months, it is clear
that I have not read or worked through a significant portion of the
texts discussed, nor have I digested, satisfactorily, many of the texts
I have read.

Regards,

Don