Re: Against vulgar theories of truth

<<Back to square one I suppose. I don't even think this is the best, or only
reading of Foucualt's notion of truth. But if it is, does this mean that the
powerful possess the most truths? And if not why not?>>

I don't think that the powerful possess the most truths but they are they
only ones who possess what is considered a Truth. Further, because of their
power, they dictate the narrative in which justification...truths get the
label of "real"...takes place. Everyone possess power and truths, but to say
that we all possess EQUAL truths denies the fact that some narratives are
valued over others merely because of power in our society.
I am assuming that this group has already gone around and around on the point
of truth statements..."There is no Truth, only truths...which is itself a
Truth statement", but I would be interested in what people in this group
think about the socialization of truth. How much construction goes on in our
social development that creates not only Truths but truths...thus the role of
psychological and physical (if you care to make the distinction) dissent.

Thanks for any response to this,
Heather.