Dream and existence

I am currently engaged in an in depth reading of Foucault's introduction to
Binswanger's _Dream and Existence_ It is an amazing piece of work -
extremely difficult (one really has to use one's brain to follow it!!) but
very rewarding - Foucault seems to have packed as many ideas as he can into
this piece. There are interesting existentialist (he even makes a
complementary comment about Sartre) as well as structuralist influences
apparent and it is interesting to note how he returns to some of the themes
of this work late in his career.

Reading it reminds me why Foucault is still my favourite philosopher!!

Clare

Clare O'Farrell
email:c.ofarrell@xxxxxxxxxx
web page: http://www.qut.edu.au/edu/cpol/foucault/