Re: Capitalist power is not possessed.

M.A. King wrote:

>And now I can see it's the same with you and Yoshie and Marx, and
>you're not the doctrinaire Marxists it would be all too easy to peg you
>as ;)--the type who would say nothing about Foucault except how he was
>trumped by Marx, or how he suffers for a lack of Marx.

Just for the record, I don't think that, and I think an awful lot of
Marxists suffer from a lack of Foucault (by which I mean their uninterest
in the disciplinary institutions that form us, their silence on matters of
sex and aesthetics, and their utter lack of style). It also seems to me
that while Foucault himself tied the development of the prison, for
example, to the creation of capitalist labor markets, most Foucaultians
don't take him up on this.

Doug