Re: Biomedical discoursive and non-discoursive practices around AIDS

Hi Stuart,

Probably not supposed to cite ourselves...modesty and all that. But
what the hell! I've never been able to do it before, and I may never get
to again! And it's hot off the press.

So...I've just had a paper published that looks at the ways discourses
surrounding HIV/AIDS and safer sex are structured, particularly with
respect to younger gay men. I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing
you are thinking about, but perhaps it's worth a look.

Blaine Rehkopf, "The Anal-ytic Discourses of AIDS and Safer Sex," in
_Inside the Academy and Out: Lesbian/Gay/Queer Studies and Social
Action_, Ed. Janice Ristock and Catherine Taylor, U of Toronto Press,
1998: pp. 220-243.

Peace,
Blaine

In your message of 15:12 Oct 13 1998, you write: